How do I create a dial-up connection in Windows 2000?
Posted by James Robshaw on 06 May 2006 07:24 AM
This article demonstrates how to create a new dial-up connection in Windows 2000.
1. Click on Start.
4. Click on Make New Connection.
5. Click Next.
8. Select the third option - I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to connect through a local area network (LAN).
9. Click on Next.
11. Click Next.
12. Enter 0845 059 0014 in the Telephone Number field.
14. In the User name field enter your name in the form of : xxxx@proexe
15. Enter your ProExe Account password in the password box.
16. Click Next.
19. Select No when asked if you would like to set up an Internal mail account.
21. To test the new dial-up connection, tick 'To connect to the Internet immediately, select this box and then click Finish'.
22. Click Finish.